Pride is demonstrated in many ways, one of which is a clean, pressed, sharp looking uniform. It is your responsibility to keep your uniform clean and maintained for all performances. Your uniform may need some additional attention following a football game, parade, or concert.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for the care of your uniform:
- At the end of the performance, upon our return to the school, please hang your uniform in the appropriate closet.
- Place your helmet box on the shelf above your uniform in the same closet.
- Take your shoes and socks home with you, DO NOT leave them in the uniform bag or in the uniform closet.
- If you choose to take your uniform with you, DO NOT leave it “stuffed” in the car, or “thrown” under the bed.
The same care should be taken whether the uniform is kept at home or at school.
- Jacket should be DRY CLEANED ONLY, whether commercially or with a home kit.
- Collar should be unsnapped to remove and washed when needed.
- Pants wash in cold water only and hang to dry. If you dry them in the dryer ONLY use a cool or low setting (otherwise the pants will melt). Press lightly with a cool iron.
- Cape should be DRY CLEANED ONLY, whether commercially or with a home kit.
- Helmet/Box should be cleaned with a soft cloth and a mild detergent or Windex.
- Uniform Bag should be washed and dried normally. Please remove any tape or stickers before cleaning.
- Shoes should be cleaned with a soft cloth and a mild detergent or Windex.
- Gloves - Please keep the gloves clean, washing them as needed. Have a spare pair available if needed. White gloves shall be white (not green, yellow, or brown...)
- Medals and awards demonstrate a musicians honors and achievements. Ribbons and awards should be kept in order, clean, pinned to the uniform, and worn with pride. Only ribbons and awards earned from our music programs and sponsored events may be worn. They should be removed prior to cleaning the uniform and before it is handed in at the end of the year.
- Uniform Return - You are responsible for the return of the complete uniform in an acceptable condition at the end of the year. Any damage or loss may become a financial obligation on your part.