Section Leader / Drum Major
2010-2011 Application Form
Application Deadline - Friday, May 14
Requirements for the Position of Section Leader / Drum Major:
1. Attendance at all scheduled rehearsals, unless special arrangements have
been made with the Band Director in advance of any planned absence.
2. Attendance at all scheduled performances of the Raider Band.
3. Attendance at all Section Leader meetings.
Criteria for Selection:
1. Have a minimum service of two complete years as a member of the Raider Band.
2. A proven record of achievement, cooperation, dependability,
determination, and musicianship.
3. The willingness to work with all members of the band and staff to acheive excellence.
4. The desire to gain experience and understanding in working with members
of the band and staff.
5. Demonstration of proficiency on instrument, music reading, and basic music theory.
6. Demonstration of proficency in marching and of basic marching concepts.
7. The desire to accomplish the goals of the Raider Band.
8. All applicants will be assessed for leadership potential.
9. Drum Major applicants must audition and meet additional leadership
and musicianship criteria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Knowledge of drill and music for individual and section.
2. Record keeping of attendance, music, and drill for section.
3. Responsible for section inspection prior to all performances.
These will be outlined in detail at the Section Leader meeting prior to summer rehearsals
and may be further defined at subsequent meetings throughout the year.
I have read and understand the requirements, criteria, duties and responsibilities.
I certify that, if selected, I will abide by and adhere to the requirements, criteria,
duties and responsibilities, and perform the needs of my job to the best of my ability.
I further understand that failure to do so, as determined by the Band Director,
may lead to dismissal from the position without recourse.